16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor
A high-resolution 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor affords impressive image quality with enhanced sensitivity, from ISO 100-6400, to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions, along with the ability to record in the NRW raw format for expanded post-production capabilities. The sensor also affords quick performance throughout the camera system, including a continuous shooting rate of up to 10 fps.
Zoom-NIKKOR ED 35x Zoom Lens
A wide-ranging NIKKOR 35x optical zoom lens provides a 24-840mm equivalent focal length range that covers wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives, and its range can effectively be doubled through the use of Dynamic Fine Zoom for a total 70x zoom magnification. Lens-shift Vibration Reduction balances this awesome length by compensating for the effects of up to three stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the lens' optical design incorporates extra-low dispersion glass to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for cleaner, clearer image quality.
UHD 4K Video Recording
In addition to stills recording, UHD 4K video recording is supported at 30p, as well as Full HD recording up to 60p. For steadying recording, Hybrid Vibration Reduction can be used to suppress the effects of camera shake that occur while moving when recording. Additionally, individual frames from 4K videos can also be saved as 8MP stills to serve as a viable means for photographing fast-moving subjects.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Sleek, pocketable form factor is ideal for everyday shooting.
- High-resolution 1.166m-dot electronic viewfinder provides bright, clear eye-level viewing, which is especially beneficial when working in bright conditions.
- A 3.0" 1.036m-dot touchscreen LCD is an intuitive means for live view shooting, playback, and menu navigation, and it has a tilting design to benefit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy work in conjunction with Nikon's SnapBridge system for connecting the camera with a mobile device in order to wirelessly share images between devices as well as remotely control the camera.
- Snap-Back Zoom Button lets you quickly zoom out from a super telephoto position to regain perspective of the entire scene and reacquire your subject. This button can also be customized to activate manual focus, aperture, ISO, exposure compensation, or white balance adjustments.
- EN-EL12 rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers approximately 250 shots per charge.
- An HDMI port permits connecting the camera directly to an HDTV for high-resolution playback.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used for additional illumination when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Other Camera Features
- Target Finding AF automatically assesses the scene, recognizes intended subjects, and then adjusts the AF area according to the subject's size to better ensure clearly focused images.
- The contrast-detection autofocus system and Subject Tracking function also work to maintain focus on moving subjects.
- Smart Portrait System utilizes a series of automatic functions, including In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Face-Priority AF, Face Priority AE, Smile Mode, Blink Warning, Skin Softening, and D-Lighting to produce better portraits.
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the type of scene you are photographing and selects one of six commonly used scene modes to alleviate the need to manually select your mode.
- Multiple Exposure Lighten records multiple shots into one frame to creatively capture moving subjects, such as fireworks.
- Creative Mode options let you produce artistically-refined imagery in-camera.
- Scene Modes: Backlighting, Beach, Close Up, Dusk/Dawn, Easy Panorama, Fireworks Show, Food, Landscape, Multiple Exposure Lighten, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Scene Auto Selector, Selective Color, Smart Portrait, Snow, Soft, Sports, Sunset, and Superlapse Movie.
- In-camera image editing modes: Copy, D-Lighting, Filter Effects, Quick Effects, Quick Retouch, Skin Softening, and Small Picture.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
|Nikon A1000 Specs|
|Pixels||Actual: 16.79 Megapixel|
|Effective: 16 Megapixel|
|Maximum Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Image File Format||JPEG, RAW|
|Image Stabilization||Digital, Optical|
|Focal Length||4.3 to 151mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 840mm)|
|Digital Zoom||4x Maximum (140x Combined Zoom)|
|2x Optimized (70x Combined Zoom)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.4 to 6.9|
|Focus Range||1.64' to Infinity / 50 cm to Infinity (Wide)|
|6.56' to Infinity / 2 m to Infinity (Telephoto)|
|6.56' to Infinity / 2 m to Infinity (Telephoto)|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 11 Groups|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 6400|
|Shutter Speed||Electronic Front Curtain Shutter|
|1/400 to 8 Seconds|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Matrix, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 10 fps at 16 MP for up to 10 Exposures|
|UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 25p/29.97p|
|Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p|
|HD (1280 x 720) at 25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p|
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)|
|Audio File Format||AAC|
Viewfinder and Monitor
|Viewfinder Resolution||1,166,000 Dot|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +4|
|Monitor Resolution||1,036,000 Dot|
|Monitor Type||Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Effective Flash Range||ISO Auto|
|1.64 to 19.69' / 0.5 to 6 m (Wide)|
|6.56 to 9.84' / 2 to 3 m (Telephoto)|
|External Flash Connection||None|
|Memory Card Slot||1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Internal Memory||81 MB|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 85%|
|Battery||1 x EN-EL12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 3.7 VDC, 1050 mAh (Approx. 250 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.5 x 2.8 x 1.6" / 114.2 x 71.7 x 40.5 mm (Excluding Protrusions)|
|Weight||11.64 oz / 330 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
|Package Weight||1.41 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.25 x 6 x 3.5"|
Please allow us up to 3 working days to process all non-fragrance orders that are showing as in stock. If the order is urgent, please follow up the order with a free phone call to our online team 0800 20 20 91.
Fragrances ordered before 1:00pm will go out the same day intended for next day delivery nationwide*. T&C's apply.Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions page for full details around free overnight delivery.
Hot Deal orders: All ‘Hot Deal’ items (The product name is followed by (HD)) require 7 to 12 working days for delivery as these are back ordered items and subject to availability. If the product is not available it can take longer than 12 working days and you are eligible for a full refund thereafter, prior to this, a 10% charge will be applied to the refund as these products are ordered in specifically for you. You will receive weekly emails to update you on your purchase indicating the next expected delivery date. We may not be in touch straight away as we will only email you once we have updated information to share.
Back ordered products: These items will say 'Order Now' on our website and will not say 'In Stock' or have an "HD" in the title. These orders require 7 to 12 working days for delivery and are subject to availability. You may cancel at any time for a full refund. You will receive weekly emails to update you on the progress of your order. We may not be in touch straight away as we will only email you once we have updated information to share.
Please do contact us at [email protected] if you have any queries regarding your order.
* Please refer to delivery page for full information.
General Returns Please choose carefully as we are not obliged to refund or exchange due to a change of mind as per the Consumer Guarantees Act.
For Online Purchases: You can return an item for a full refund within 7 working days providing the item is in the same condition it was in when purchased i.e. Brand New. Once an item has been used* it cannot be returned for a refund. Items must be returned with all included accessories and packaging. You MUST have the original receipt for a refund, without this receipt we will not refund the item or accept it into service. If an item is faulty, it will fall under our Warranty Policy as described below and will not be eligible for a refund. We do not sell used items and will not accept any item with any indication that it was used. In such cases, the item will be returned to the purchaser.
Backorderd and Hot Deal Item Return Policy: All ‘Hot Deal’ orders are specifically ordered in on your behalf. If you choose to cancel the order after it has been placed and falls inside the stated 12 working day delivery time frame, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 10% of the order total or $20 whichever is greater. Hot Deal product names on our website end in (HD) to indicate this is a ‘Hot Deal’. We will get in touch at least once a week to update you on your order, if you do not wish to wait after 12 working days we will refund you the full amount. Normal back ordered items (These are products that are simply out of stock) do not incur a cancellation fee and can be cancelled at any time.
Please Note: All returns are subject to inspection by ourselves and/or our service department. Returned products must be in the same condition as received including all packaging and accessories, items must be completely unused. Faulty items will be covered under our Warranty Policy. Refunds will be performed using the same method as original payment. However, if paid by cash, we may need an EFTPOS card to refund to, as we may not have sufficient cash to perform the refund. Refunds will not be issued if it has been more than 7 days since the date of purchase.
Online orders and the 7 day return policy. The 7 day return period for online orders begins on the date of shipment and only includes working days as the online store is not open over weekends. For our full Returns Policy, please view here.
Final Sale Items Return Policy
Final Sale items cannot be returned for a refund, store credit or exchange. If you return a Final Sale item to us, it will be shipped back to you at your expense. Consumables such as batteries are also considered Final Sale and are therefore non-returnable. If there is an issue with a Final Sale item that you have received, please contact us here.
* Mobile Phones - A mobile phone is considered to be used if a SIM card has been inserted into the phone.
Write Your Own Review
Choose LatitudePayThere is no extra cost to you - just select it as your
at the checkout
Approval inSet up your account and we will tell you straight away
Get it now, payIt is the today way to pay, just 10 easy payments.
over 10 weeks
No interest. Ever.
- Be over 18 years old
- An Australian driver’s licence or passport
- A couple of minutes to sign up,
it’s quick and easy
- A credit/debit card (Visa or Mastercard)